Tuesday, January 16, 2007

5 things...

So Gregg Eldred tagged me for this... I'm a bit late answering so I'm not going to forward this on. Hopefully it will die a painless death.

  1. I play tennis. People are surprised when they hear this, because I look like the world's biggest klutz.
  2. I'm an operatically-trained soprano. I was too chicken to try to make a go of it as a professional singer, which is how I ended up a computer geek.
  3. When I was in high school, I was a student at Northwestern University's Cherub program and lived in the same dorm as Noah Wyle, who was also in the program that summer.
  4. I'm terrified of heights. Always have been. In grade school, I got stuck on the "high" balance beam on my school's timbertown playground. Looking back, it was probably all of 4 feet up (in my defense, I was only 3 feet tall at the time...)
  5. My parents were both in medicine before they retired, and I can't stand the sight of blood.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting. I know that you are around, but you have been silent here for quite some time. I needed to get you to you post. LOL! I find it interesting that of the female bloggers that I watch, most don't post much. There are exceptions:

Kathy Sierra

I suppose that I am just selfish, in that I want to hear more from you. :-)

Joel said...

My first skydiving instructor was terrified of heights. He had about 1500 jumps back then (in '99).. no idea how many he has now.

Esther said...

Yeah, life has been crazy lately, and since I'm not a natural writer to begin with, the blog is the first thing to go when I have to prioritize my time.

I'm not sure why men post more... maybe because most women work all day, then come home, carpool the kids, make dinner, do the laundry, etc. I know there are men out there who help around the house, but statistically speaking the majority of that stuff falls on the woman's shoulders.

Not that I have that excuse... no kids to carpool, and my boyfriend and I don't live together so I only have my own laundry and cleaning to do (or not!) I'll try to do better, at least with the SnTT stuff.