Monday, August 29, 2005

I'm reading...

I thought I'd second a recommendation from Ben Poole for the Myron Bolitar thrillers by Harlan Coben. The first one was published here in the States about a decade ago, but I had never heard of them until recently. I usually don't enjoy thrillers all that much because I can usually figure out the ending about halfway through. I can honestly say that I haven't gotten any of these figured out before the end. I've come close, but Coben always throws in one last twist that I can never see coming.

Myron is a fantastic lead - his sense of humor reminds me very much of Bill Murray.

I started in the middle of the series, and the books can be read as standalones, but I'm now going back and reading them in order:

Deal Breaker
Drop Shot
Fade Away
Back Spin
One False Move
The Final Detail
Darkest Fear


(I've only gotten as far as Fade Away, so no spoilers!)

2 comments:

Thomas "Duffbert" Duff said...

Coben is a very good writer, and I read all of his works...

Anonymous said...

I am doing the same thing! Tom blogged on "The Innocent" and made a reference to the Myron Bolitar novels (I think). I have read Deal Breaker and Drop Shot, and am going through the rest now (reading Gone for Good right now). The library has all of my requests for the remainder. :-)